“40 Scots, 428 Frenchmen, 45 Spaniards, 140 Italians, 2030 Dutch, 44 Burgundians, 2 Danes and 1 Liegois”.
“The Royal Exchange itself, the glory of the merchants, is now invaded with much violence. And when once the fire was entered, how quickly did it run round the galleries, filling them with flames; then descendeth the stairs, compasseth the walks, giving forth flaming volleys, and filleth the courts with sheets of fire. By and by, down fall all the kings upon their faces, and the greatest part of the stone building after them, with such a noise as was dreadful and astonishing”.
|The Royal Exchange today – built in 1844|
This walk can also be booked privately for other days and times (please note that this particular walk is best experienced on week-days, because the Inns of Court are inaccessible at the week-end)
Reservation is required for both scheduled and private walks. To book a place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 020 8998 3051