St Katherine Coleman
Another in the occasional series on churches that survived the Great Fire of 1666 but were rebuilt or demolished subsequently …
St Katherine Coleman was originally built around 1346, restored in 1489, and extended in 1624. It survived the Great Fire of 1666, but was rebuilt by James Horne in 1739-40, in the “Vernacular Palladian” style, and demolished in 1925, when the parish was merged with St Olave Hart Street.
Part of the former churchyard survives, and a Corporation “Blue Plaque” marks the former site of the church.