St Mildred Bread Street was originally built around 1252. It was badly damaged in the Great Fire of 1666, and rebuilt, using some of the surviving structure, by Wren in 1681-7, only to be substantially destroyed during an air raid, and subsequently demolished, in 1941 (a photograph of the bombed church taken in 1942 still survives).
Percy Bysshe Shelley and Mary Wollstonecraft were married in the church in 1816. Only a parish boundary marker survives at its former site (actually, on Cannon Street). Many of the interior fitting salvaged from the church still survive, in the church of St Anne and St Agnes.