Eastcote was first recorded in 1248 as Estcotte, from the Old English “east”, and “cot”, meaning cottage or hamlet to the east (of Ruislip). The hamlet grew into a village in the post-Medieval period. A significant number of Medieval to post-Medieval houses still survive here, including, among others, on the High Road, The Old Barn House, The Case is Altered Inn, Eastcote Grange and Ramin; and on Field End Road, Park Farm and Tudor Lodge.
Eastcote House was originally built in around 1507, and was occupied by the Hawtrey Deane family from 1527 until 1930. Most of the house was demolished in 1965, but the seventeenth-century “coach-house” still survives, alongside the walled garden and dovecote (all currently under restoration).