Another in the occasional series on churches built by Wren after the Great Fire of 1666 that have been lost since.
All Hallows Lombard Street was originally built in around 1053, and rebuilt between 1516 and 1544. It was burnt down in the Great Fire of 1666, and rebuilt by Wren in 1686-94, only to be allowed to fall into disrepair, and declared an unsafe structure and demolished in 1938-39, when the parish was merged with St Edmund the King. Only parish boundary markers survive at its former site. Some of the fabric and furnishings survive in the church of All Hallows in Twickenham, including the rebuilt tower.